post training recovery meal
2 Tablespoons Black bean sauce concentrate
600g Chicken breast cut into cubes
600g 3 large peppers sliced
500g of mushrooms washed and quartered
1 large onion
1cm cube of fresh ginger chopped finely
2 cloves of garlic chopped finely
2 Teaspoons Coconut oil
800 ml of chicken stock
2 Table Spoons Corn flour
Chinese 5 spice
Fish sauce (optional)
1. Season the chicken in salt and the 5 spice to taste
2. Fry in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil for about 8 minutes on high heat then cover the chicken, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for another 15-20 minutes until it's cooked through.
3. In a big stew pot melt down the other teaspoon of coconut oil. Fry the chopped garlic and ginger for a minute or 2, not allowing them to go golden
4. Toss in the mushrooms after add the peppers stir fry for another 5 minutes and add the onion stir fry for another 5 minutes before adding boiling stock.
5. Add the 2 table spoons of concentrate add a dash of fish sauce (optional) and season to taste.
6. Bring it to boiling point then mix 2 spoons of corn flour in a cup of cold water. When sauce reaches boiling point pour in half of the corn flour mix and stir. Sauce will thicken and you can adjust the thickness by adding more corn flour.
I personally prefer to keep the chicken out as I can weigh it out and portion properly.
Best eaten with rice and some broccoli! Enjoy!